Disputing Parking Tickets

If a meter malfunctions, or if you question the validity of a parking ticket for some other reason, you may contest the ticket within 7 days of receipt in any of the following ways:

  1. File the dispute on-line using the On-line Parking Ticket Complaint / Dispute Form (By clicking on this link, you agree to be redirected to another website).
  2. Write a short note stating the problem, include your name and address, insert the note in the ticket envelope and either mail or drop it in a City of Urbana yellow fine box.
  3. File the dispute in person at the Municipal Collector’s Office, 400 S. Vine St., Urbana.
  4. Attend the next parking hearing following receipt of the ticket. Hearings are held at 2:00 PM on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month in the City’s Legal Division, Room 205, on the second floor of the City Building, 400 S. Vine St., Urbana. Please call the Finance Department at (217) 384-2346 to request a hearing. The cut-off date and time for scheduling a hearing is 12:00 PM on the preceding Tuesday.

Your dispute will be forwarded to the appropriate supervisor for investigation. Disputes will be processed in the order in which they were received. If you haven't received a response back within 30 days time, please give the Finance Department a call at (217) 384-2346.

If the ticket is ruled INVALID, you will receive a response notifying you that the ticket is void and any payment that you have made will be refunded.

If the ticket is ruled VALID, you will receive a response notifying you of the reason why the ticket is valid. You will have ten days from the date of the response to pay the ticket at the original fine.

Click on location marker to view address.
Created on: Friday, May 1, 2009 - 15:16
- Author - admin
- Contributors: BethB