Open Scene Announces Call for Participants: Now taking applications for stakeholders and youth to join in community collaboration. Urbana, IL – The City of Urbana and the Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center (UCIMC) are thrilled to announce the start of the first phase of Open Scene: Debuts of Youth’s Views in Downtown Urbana.
To maintain and improve the quality of life for Urbana citizens by providing programs of economic development, housing, planning, zoning enforcement, and building safety code enforcement.
Major Activities of the Community Development Department:
- Plan and implement department goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manage resources for efficient achievement of City and department goals and objectives
- Develop department staff through training and evaluation procedures
- Manage personnel through work directives and rules
- Represent the department and City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news-media and at public relations meetings and events
- Participate in the planning and preparation of the City's capital improvements long-term plan and budget