Mayor Diane Marlin is pleased to announce that Natalie Kenny Marquez, Marketing Coordinator and Director of Market at the Square at the City of Urbana, has been appointed to the position of Communications Coordinator at the City. In this new role, Natalie will be responsible for designing and implementing a comprehensive City communications strategy that promotes the vision, goals, activities and image of Urbana.
To maintain and improve the quality of life for Urbana citizens by providing programs of economic development, housing, planning, zoning enforcement, and building safety code enforcement.
Major Activities of the Community Development Department:
- Plan and implement department goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manage resources for efficient achievement of City and department goals and objectives
- Develop department staff through training and evaluation procedures
- Manage personnel through work directives and rules
- Represent the department and City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news-media and at public relations meetings and events
- Participate in the planning and preparation of the City's capital improvements long-term plan and budget