Major Activities of the Planning Division:
- Assures implementation of the goals, objectives and policies of the Comprehensive Plan
- Generates housing development initiatives
- Provides coordination and recommendations to the Zoning Board of Appeals, Plan Commission and City Council in their consideration of zoning and subdivision cases, neighborhood planning and long-range community plans
- Coordinates planning policies and case reviews with other government entities to ensure the City's planning interests are considered in community-wide planning efforts
- Maintains the City's Zoning Map and enforces the City's Zoning Ordinance.
- Analyzes new subdivisions and regulates the physical patterns of land development using the Subdivision and Land Development Code.
- Administers the Historic Preservation Ordinance and engages in preservation planning activities.