The Urbana Police Department offers a service to the community that provides for officers to periodically check your residence when you are out of the area. You may either call in or e-mail the information to the Police Department.
Phone: (217) 384-2320 and request to be added to Vacation Watch
(Please put VACATION WATCH in the subject line)
Please provide the following information:
- Name of resident (including cell phone or emergency contact number)
- Departure and return date
- Name and telephone number of a key holder (someone the police can contact in the event there is a problem discovered at the residence.)
- Will there be lights left on in the house? Are they on timers?
- Will there be vehicles left in the driveway? If so, list color, make, model and license plate number.
- Will someone be checking on the house (mail, looking after pets, watering plants)?
Please be sure to call the Police Department, if you return earlier than stated.
** Just a reminder to stop mail and newspaper delivery, unless someone is taking care of this for you.