Construction & Staging Information - Windsor Road Pavement Reconstruction Project
Bid Results: Bids were opened July 18, 2014. Tabulation of bids are available for download below.
Contractor: Stark Excavating, Inc., 1805 W. Washington St., Bloomington, Illinois
Current Status: Final progress on the project is currently postponed until further notice.
% Complete: 89% as of 11-7-15.
Remaining List of Items to be Completed:
- Install traffic signals at Windsor Road and Race Street intersection - completed
- Install new vehicle detection system at Windsor Road and Philo Road intersection - completed
- Install Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons at the Windsor Road and Vine Street intersection- completed
- Install asphalt approaches to the concrete pavement at the north leg of Philo Road, the north leg of Vine Street, the south leg of Race Street and the north leg of Windsor Road - completed
- Inspect concrete pavement and repair any non-acceptable pavement sections- not yet performed
- Testing of the concrete pavement for smoothness - not yet performed
- Grinding of the pavement surface to meet smoothness requirements - not yet performed
- Placement of final pavement markings - not yet performed, temporary paint pavement markings completed on 11-10-16
- Placement of dirt backfill - completed
- Final grading of dirt backfill and seeding of entire project- completed
Staging Sequence (see traffic control and staging plan below):
Stage 1: Reconstruct north two lanes of Windsor Road and north legs of Race Street and Philo Road. Traffic on south two lanes of Windsor Road. Started August 18, 2014. Completed June 26, 2015.
Winter Shut-down: Traffic on newly constructed north two lanes (except at Windsor Road near Philo Road), south two lanes closed to traffic. December 13, 2014 to April 17, 2015.
Reconstruction of Windsor Road in the vicinity of Philo Road and the leg of Philo Road. Started April 17, 2015. Completed June 26, 2015.
Stage 2: Reconstruct south two lanes of Windsor Road and south legs of Race Street and Philo Road. Traffic on north two lanes of Windsor Road. The north legs of Race Street and Philo Road at Windsor Road and the east and west legs of Windsor Road at Race Street and Philo Road will remain open to traffic.
Reconstruction of the south two lanes of Windsor Road. Started June 26, 2015. Completed September 28, 2015.
Reconstruction of the south leg of Philo Road. Started June 26, 2015. Completed August 4, 2015.
Reconstruction of the south leg of Race Street. Started August 17, 2015. Completed September 28, 2015.
Road Fully Open To Traffic: November 10, 2016
Final Grading & Seeding: Final grading and seeding is expect to occur in 2015 toward the completion of the project. Completed Fall 2015.
Impacts to Traffic: Windsor Road was reduced from four to two lanes starting August 18, 2014. Two-way traffic will be maintained at all times on Windsor Road. Closures of Race Street and Philo Road will be announced at a later date.