Illinois Marathon Street Closures
The City of Urbana will restrict parking and close several streets to thru traffic for the Illinois Marathon, which will take place on Saturday, April 22, 2017.
Urbana Street Closing Information:
All street closings will begin at 6:00 AM. The entire route will be closed by 6:30 AM. (Traffic will be pulsed across the route when possible). The following streets will re-open at these approximate times:
- Green Street from Wright to Lincoln – 8:30 AM
- Green Street from Lincoln to Race - 8:40 AM
- Race Street from Green to Main - 8:45 AM
- Main Street from Race to Cottage Grove - 8:50 AM (One west bound lane will remain open during race)
- Cottage Grove/Philo Road from Main to Washington - 9:00 AM
- Washington Street from Philo to Kinch - 9:10 AM (West bound lanes will remain open from Kinch to Lierman during race)
- Kinch Street from Washington to Florida - 9:15 AM
- Florida Avenue from Kinch to Smith/Stone Creek - 9:20 AM
- Stone Creek Boulevard from Smith to Amber - 9:40 AM
- Amber Lane from Stone Creek to Philo - 9:45 AM (East bound lane will remain open from Myra Ridge to Stone Creek during race)
- McHenry Street from Philo to Vine - 9:50 AM
- Vine Street from McHenry to Windsor - 10:00 AM
- Windsor Road from Philo to Race - 10:25 AM
- Race Street from Windsor to Pennsylvania - 10:40 AM
- Pennsylvania Avenue from Race to Lincoln - 11:00 AM
Please make efforts to avoid the race route. Traffic will only be pulsed across the route when possible, and wait times may be considerable. A suggested beltway map (streets around town not affected by the race route) and information for traveling within the core of the community during the marathon can be found here: http://illinoismarathon.com/course-info/.
Urbana Temporary Parking Restrictions:
Temporary parking restrictions that begin on Saturday, April 22 at 5 AM until further notice will be posted on the following streets:
- Green Street from Busey Avenue to Cedar Street
- Main Street from Race Street to Vine Street
- Main Street from Maple Street to Cottage Grove Avenue
- Kinch Street from Washington Street to Florida Avenue
- Pennsylvania Avenue from Race Street to Lincoln Avenue
Temporary parking restrictions will be removed as the streets re-open after the Marathon.
For more information on the Illinois Marathon, please visit www.illinoismarathon.com.
Your patience is appreciated while this event is underway.