City of Urbana Announces the 2013 Urbana Arts Grants Program
The City of Urbana Public Arts Commission announces the opening of the 2013 cycle of its Urbana Arts Grants Program to support projects in the arts.
The Urbana Arts Grants Program makes funding available to artists, arts organizations, and festivals for projects that enrich the lives of Urbana residents and visitors. Eligible disciplines include visual arts, music, performing arts, literary arts, design, multidisciplinary arts, and new media. Recipients of Urbana Arts Grants from subsequent previous cycles are also eligible. Grants will be available in four categories listed below:
- Here and Now: grants for artists residing in Urbana
- Envision 365: grants for all emerging and professional artists
- Creative Mix: arts grants for groups, ensembles, and organizations
- Festivals Grant: grants for arts-related festival presenters
For the first time, applicants may apply online for Urbana Arts Grants. Application and guidelines may be found at www.urbanaillinois.us/artsgrants. All application materials are due by 5:00 P.M. on January 16, 2013. Grant workshops to aid prospective applicants in the process will be held on the following dates, and are free and open to the public:
- November 6, 12:40 to 1:40 PM at the University of Illinois Art and Design Building, Room 229, 408 E. Peabody Drive, Champaign, IL.
- November 8, 12:00 to 1:00 PM at the University of Illinois School of Music, Room 1140, 1114 W. Nevada St, Urbana, IL.
- November 27, 6:00 to 7:30 PM at Parkland College, Room C118, Champaign, IL.
- November 29, 6:00 to 7:00 PM at the Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center , 202 South Broadway #100, Urbana, IL
- December 6, 12:00 to 1:00 PM at Parkland College, Room D029, Champaign, IL.
Urbana Arts Grants are sponsored by the City of Urbana and the Urbana Business Association, and are part of the Urbana Public Arts Program, providing opportunities for all residents to engage with the arts in its many forms.
For more information, contact the Public Arts Coordinator at (217) 384-2311, or by email at email@example.com.