First Ever "Tree for All" Festival
Join us Saturday, October 13th from 11am to 8pm in downtown Urbana for the first ever “Tree for All” Festival!
There will be plenty of festivities for you, your family, and your friends to partake in! Susan Pryde of Eclectic (an artist co-op) is organizing the festival and the exciting event will revolve around two of Urbana’s passions; a love for trees and a love for the growing Urbana art district!
The downtown businesses are excited and getting involved by decorating the trees outside of their business or creating a tree themed art to put in their windows. Be sure to check them out closely, patrons will be able to cast their vote throughout the day and a winner will be announced at the end of the festival! In addition, be sure to check out the new public tree sculptures!
- 11:00am-8:00pm: Tree Trek- View and vote for decorated trees and tree art by local businesses (Lincoln Square, Broadway, Main St. and Race)
- 11:00am-2:00pm: Singing Trees- Create wind chimes with the IDEA store (County Plaza at Broadway and Main)
- 11:00am-4:00pm: Paint a Forest- Kids create a giant forest mural (next to Cinema Gallery along Crane Alley)
- 2:00pm-5:00pm: The Tree Guy- City Arborist Mike Brunk answers questions about trees (County Plaza at Broadway and Main)
- 5:00pm-8:00pm: The Tree Swing- Dance to swing music by Bruiser and The Virtues (County Plaza at Broadway and Main)
The best part? You will be able to enjoy this fun day in downtown Urbana, while listening to the many talented Musicians from Community Center for the Arts playing throughout the day.