Notices & Alerts
Sealed bids will be received through 9:00 AM Friday, July 28, 2017 and should be clearly labeled "Bid for Curbside Leaf Collection Services" with the Contractor's name and address.
See document attached below.
Below are the various arrangements for the visitation and funeral of Lt. Harley Rutledge. If you have questions concerning the arrangements, please call the Urbana Police Department at 217-384-2320.
- Date: Friday, July 7, 2017
- Time: 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Location: Owens Funeral Home, 101 North Elm Street, Champaign
- Parking: On-street parking in the area, the large lot of the YMCA building at Elm and Church Street, and the parking lot of Central High School. Directions: Exit I-72 on the University Avenue Exit (exit number 235). Proceed eastbound on University Avenue approximately 1.4 miles. The funeral home is on the northwest corner of Elm and University Avenue.
Due to the Independence Day holiday, U-Cycle collections beginning on Tuesday, July 4 will be delayed one day for the remainder of the week. Tuesday's U-Cycle collection route will be collected on Wednesday, July 5, and so forth.
Please set recycling curbside by 7 a.m. to ensure collection. Questions may be directed to U-Cycle at (217) 384-2302.
Have a safe holiday!
The City of Urbana will provide leaf and non-woody plant collection to all residents for 4 weeks this Fall season:
- October 17 - 21
- October 31 - November 4
- November 14 - 18
- November 28 - December 2
Requirements for leaf collection:
- Place leaves into 30-gallon paper lawn & garden bags. NO plastic bags accepted.
- Paper bags must be placed at the curb or along the roadway edge before 6:00 a.m. on your U-Cycle collection day.
- Only leaves & non-woody plant material will be collected. NO brush, tree limbs or garbage.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT the City Council of the City of Urbana, Illinois will hold a public hearing at 7:00 p.m., Monday, July 11, 2016, in the Council Chambers of the Urbana City Building, 400 South Vine Street, for the purpose of receiving public input regarding The Proposed Approval of Redevelopment Plan and Redevelopment Project, Establishment of Redevelopment Project Area and Adoption of Tax Increment Allocation Financing Therefor (Urbana Central TIF District)
Persons with disabilities needing special services or accommodations for this hearing should contact the City of Urbana's Americans with Disabilities Coordinator at 384-2466 or TDY at 384-2447.
Due to the inclement weather, City offices are closed today.
Due to the Independence Day holiday on Thursday, July 4, U-Cycle collections on the Thursday collection route will be collected on Friday, July 5, and U-Cycle collections on the Friday collection route will be collected on Saturday, July 6.
To ensure collection, please set out recycling curbside before 7 AM.
Questions? Call U-Cycle at (217) 384-2302.
Have a safe and happy holiday!