Notice of Public Sale of Real Property (917 N Linview)
Notice is hereby given that on April 3, 2019 the City of Urbana, Illinois (“City”) will sell at public sale by auction, which auction shall be conducted in accordance with the procedures described herein, at 11:00 o’clock in the City Council Chambers of the Urbana City Building, 400 South Vine Street, Urbana, Illinois, the following described property (“Property”):
- Property Address: 917 N. Linview Avenue, Urbana, Illinois
- Property Index No: 91-21-08-151-029
Information relating to the Property and the auction procedures may be obtained at the City of Urbana Community Development Services Department at 400 South Vine Street, Urbana, Illinois, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, or by downloading the file below.
Said sale by auction will be made on the following terms:
- The Property is to be offered for sale at a public sale by auction to the highest responsible and qualified bidder.
- The Property will be sold “as is” by Special Warranty Deed, legal description on the City’s title to govern. The City makes no representations or warranties with respect to the condition or use of said Property or compliance with environmental laws and regulations. The purchaser will be solely responsible for determining the applicability of any laws, local ordinance, or other regulations that may impact the Property and/or the purchaser’s contemplated use thereof. The Property is being sold subject to all rights of the public and easements, covenants, and restrictions shown or not shown by public record.
- By submitting a bid at auction, a bidder accepts the terms of the sale as contained herein and in the City of Urbana’s Ordinance No. 2019-02-018 dated March 5, 2019, incorporated herein by this reference as if set out in full, expressly including the terms and provisions of this Notice and the Real Estate Transfer Agreement attached to said Ordinance. Copies of said Ordinance and Real Estate Transfer Agreement are available by contacting Housing Inspector Nick Hanson, during regular business hours at the City of Urbana Community Development Services Department.
- Submission of a bid at auction will serve as that bidder’s acknowledgement that: (a) it has received any and all requested or otherwise required property disclosures prior to the date of bid submission; (b) it was afforded opportunities to inspect the Property and records relating to its condition before the date of bid submission; (c) it has availed itself, to its satisfaction, of the right to inspect the Property and records relating to its condition prior to the date of bid submission; (d) it is satisfied with the Property’s condition and is taking the Property in AS-IS condition; and (e) it is prepared to accept and comply with the terms of sale as contained herein and in the aforementioned Real Estate Transfer Agreement including, but not limited to, the requirement that the successful bidder obtain a Certificate of Occupancy from the City of Urbana no more than one hundred eighty (180) days after the closing.
- Records relating to the Property’s condition, including any and all environmental contaminants known and/or believed to have been located on the Property in the past or currently (if any), are available for inspection and/or copying by contacting Housing Inspector Nick Hanson, during regular business hours at the City’s Community Development Services Department.
- Questions regarding the zoning for the Property should be addressed to the City’s Planning Manager during regular business hours at the City’s Community Development Services Department.
- The City will not be responsible for paying the fees or commission of any bidder’s real estate broker or representative.
- The City reserves the right to reject any or all bids tendered, to waive irregularities, or to cancel or reschedule the bid submission deadline and/or auction.
- Upon presentation by the City, the highest bidder shall immediately execute the Real Estate Transfer Agreement with the City subject to the terms and conditions as set forth in the City of Urbana’s Ordinance No. 2019-02-018 dated March 5, 2019, and this Notice of Public Sale.
- The closing date on any resulting sale will occur no more than 30 days after the effective date of the aforementioned Real Estate Transfer Agreement. If the successful bidder fails to close or pay the balance due upon closing, the Bid Deposit paid will be forfeited and retained by City, and the City may resell the Property. Possession will be delivered at the closing.
- As set forth in the aforementioned Real Estate Transfer Agreement, at the closing, the successful bidder shall execute a Special Warranty Deed that conveys the Property back to the City. The City shall place this Special Warranty Deed in escrow with the City’s Community Development Services Department. The City shall deliver the Special Warranty Deed back to the successful bidder if it obtains a Certificate of Occupancy for the Property from the City no more than one hundred eighty (180) days after the closing. Otherwise, the City may record the Special Warranty Deed in the Champaign County Office of the Recorder of Deeds.
- The City may request assurances and proof satisfactory to the City of the bidder’s ability to purchase the property. Failure of the bidder to produce same, to City’s satisfaction as measured solely by the City, will permit the City to terminate the sale to said bidder.
- The Property will be available for inspection on March 25, 2019 from 10:00 am until 11:30 am and on March 28, 2019 from 1:30 pm until 3:00 pm, or upon the City’s receipt of reasonable written request, prior to the public auction.
- The City has established a minimum and reserve sales price of FIFTEEN THOUSAND AND NO/100 DOLLARS ($15,000.00). Any auction bid at an amount lower than that minimum sales price will be disqualified and rejected.
- Upon notification that a bidder was the high bidder at auction, that bidder shall tender to the City a “Bid Deposit” which will be a check in the amount of five percent (5.0%) of said bidder’s successful bid amount. The successful bidder’s Bid Deposit will be credited to the sale price or otherwise retained by the City as set forth in this Notice.
Urbana City Council
City of Urbana, Illinois
Ordinance No. 2019-02-018
Date: March 5, 2019