Using social media is a great way to connect to your community. If you want to be in-the-know and receive timely updates about news, events and information in and around Urbana, considering joining the following:
- Comments not topically related to City programs, services, projects, careers, issues, events, and activities, or the particular post being commented upon;
- Postings that contain advertising, spam, harassing, obscene, threatening, disparaging, abusive, profane, violent, or offensive matter;
- Postings that promote particular services, products, or political organizations;
- Potentially libelous or defamatory postings;
- Personal attacks of any kind;
- Postings that contain privileged, proprietary, or confidential information about any person, business, or entity;
- Postings that violate or potentially violate local, state, or federal laws, including, without limitation, intellectual property and copyright laws;
- Postings that promote, foster, or perpetuate discrimination, as this term is defined in Urbana City Code Section 12-39.
City staff will periodically review all posts and comments uploaded to City social media sites. The City reserves the right to remove postings that do not comply with the City’s content requirements. All posts and comments are public records subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.