Highland Green, located at 401 and 403 East Kerr Avenue, will host a grand opening celebration on Monday, December 11th at 12 p.m. A project of Brinshore Development, LLC, of Northbrook, Illinois, in partnership with the Homestead Corporation of Champaign-Urbana and the Housing Authority of Champaign County, Highland Green consists of 33 newly constructed sustainable and affordable residential rental units. The development includes a mix of single-family and duplex units built on land donated by the City of Urbana.
To maintain and improve the quality of life for Urbana citizens by providing programs of economic development, housing, planning, zoning enforcement, and building safety code enforcement.
Major Activities of the Community Development Department:
- Plan and implement department goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manage resources for efficient achievement of City and department goals and objectives
- Develop department staff through training and evaluation procedures
- Manage personnel through work directives and rules
- Represent the department and City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news-media and at public relations meetings and events
- Participate in the planning and preparation of the City's capital improvements long-term plan and budget