The City of Urbana is pleased to announce that the Illinois Housing Development Authority awarded TWG Development, LLC, in partnership with the City of Urbana, low-income housing tax credits (LIHTC) for Aspen Court. Since 2011, the City has been working to identify a developer to redevelop this property into decent, safe and sanitary affordable housing. After TWG Development, LLC purchased the property City staff met with TWG and provided information for the LIHTC application to IHDA.
To maintain and improve the quality of life for Urbana citizens by providing programs of economic development, housing, planning, zoning enforcement, and building safety code enforcement.
Major Activities of the Community Development Department:
- Plan and implement department goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manage resources for efficient achievement of City and department goals and objectives
- Develop department staff through training and evaluation procedures
- Manage personnel through work directives and rules
- Represent the department and City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news-media and at public relations meetings and events
- Participate in the planning and preparation of the City's capital improvements long-term plan and budget