Join us at the Urbana Civic Center for this free event.You’ve seen the amazing success of Common Ground Food Co-op! You’ve heard about our local Art Theater’s revitalization and efforts to become a co-op. Now come hear how Cleveland’s community has taken it one step further - creating jobs and economic strength through the Evergreen Co-ops!
To maintain and improve the quality of life for Urbana citizens by providing programs of economic development, housing, planning, zoning enforcement, and building safety code enforcement.
Major Activities of the Community Development Department:
- Plan and implement department goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manage resources for efficient achievement of City and department goals and objectives
- Develop department staff through training and evaluation procedures
- Manage personnel through work directives and rules
- Represent the department and City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news-media and at public relations meetings and events
- Participate in the planning and preparation of the City's capital improvements long-term plan and budget