NOTICE OF NEIGHBORHOOD MEETING KING SCHOOL1108 WEST FAIRVIEW AVENUE, URBANARESCHEDULED FOR THURSDAY, JAN 28, 2010, 7:00 PM The City of Urbana and the Urbana HOME Consortium (comprised of the City of Urbana, City of Champaign, and Champaign County) seek citizen input regarding community needs for the preparation of the City of Urbana & Urbana HOME Consor-tium Consolidated Plan for Fiscal Years (FY) 2010-2014 and the Annual Action Plan (AAP) for FY 2010-2011.
To maintain and improve the quality of life for Urbana citizens by providing programs of economic development, housing, planning, zoning enforcement, and building safety code enforcement.
Major Activities of the Community Development Department:
- Plan and implement department goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manage resources for efficient achievement of City and department goals and objectives
- Develop department staff through training and evaluation procedures
- Manage personnel through work directives and rules
- Represent the department and City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news-media and at public relations meetings and events
- Participate in the planning and preparation of the City's capital improvements long-term plan and budget