Here are your new Urbana City Council members, mayor and city clerk.
Office of the Mayor
Mayor of Urbana: Diane Marlin
Duties are defined by state law for Urbana's mayor-aldermanic form of government.
- The mayor is the chief executive of the city.
- The mayor appoints numerous officials and staff including the Police Chief, Fire Chief, Director of Public Works, and Director of Community Development as well as members of city boards and commissions, all with the approval of the city council.
- Represents the City on intergovernmental boards (e.g., METCAD, Regional Planning Commission, Champaign-Urbana Area Transportation Study)
- Chairs City Council Meetings
- Serves as Liquor Commissioner
- Works with City Council to plan and implement city goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manages resources for achievement of City goals and objectives
- Oversees hiring, the regular review of compensation, benefits and working conditions, and the discipline of all City personnel
- Represents the City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news media and at public relations meetings and events
- Works with Finance Director to develop the annual budget proposal and administer the approved budget
To contact the Mayor, please contact Kate Brickman, Executive Assistant to the Mayor at 384-2456 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Urbana City Building
400 South Vine Street61801 Urbana , IL
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Post date: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 09:45
Urbana Police Sgt. Matt Rivers isn’t afraid of an intimidating project. Several years ago, he decided to research his family tree. An amateur at genealogy, he wound up finding his father’s half-sister, whom his father had never met.
Post date: Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 13:50
A proposed $45.9 million city budget provides “a foundation for the future,” according to newly elected Urbana Mayor Diane Marlin. But getting to that better future will require sacrifices over the next few years, the mayor warned at a news conference Monday, where the city’s proposed fiscal 2018 budget was released.
Post date: Monday, May 15, 2017 - 10:55
Mayor Diane Marlin will hold a Press Conference on Monday, May 15, 2017 at 11:00 am. in the Urbana City Council Chambers, 400 South Vine Street, Urbana, IL for the purpose of releasing the proposed 2017/2018 budget. The proposed budget will be available at on the Annual Budget webpage beginning on Monday, May 15, 2017 and in the Finance Department by 9:00 a.m.
Post date: Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 12:55
Angie Armstrong has had a longtime dream of owning a women’s fashion store. On April 1, after two months of do-it-yourself remodeling work, that dream became a reality with the opening of the bluebird boutique at 212 W. Green St., Urbana. Three weeks later, the Urbana native is still giddy at having her own business.
Post date: Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 14:51