Busey is investing $1.5 million to remodel its banking center in a project that will relocate more than 50 additional associates to downtown Urbana by mid-August.
Office of the Mayor
Mayor of Urbana: Diane Marlin
Duties are defined by state law for Urbana's mayor-aldermanic form of government.
- The mayor is the chief executive of the city.
- The mayor appoints numerous officials and staff including the Police Chief, Fire Chief, Director of Public Works, and Director of Community Development as well as members of city boards and commissions, all with the approval of the city council.
- Represents the City on intergovernmental boards (e.g., METCAD, Regional Planning Commission, Champaign-Urbana Area Transportation Study)
- Chairs City Council Meetings
- Serves as Liquor Commissioner
- Works with City Council to plan and implement city goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manages resources for achievement of City goals and objectives
- Oversees hiring, the regular review of compensation, benefits and working conditions, and the discipline of all City personnel
- Represents the City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news media and at public relations meetings and events
- Works with Finance Director to develop the annual budget proposal and administer the approved budget
To contact the Mayor, please contact Kate Brickman, Executive Assistant to the Mayor at 384-2456 or email@example.com
Urbana City Building
400 South Vine Street61801 Urbana , IL
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Post date: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 13:30
The Illinois Supreme Court ruled today (March 23, 2017) that a property tax exemption lawsuit filed by Carle Hospital in 2007 should be sent back to Champaign County Circuit Court to determine if Carle is a charity. The ruling by the Illinois Supreme Court was that the case was not ready for appeal. The high court thus vacated a 4th District Appellate Court decision that declared a 2012 state law unconstitutional.
Post date: Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 16:08
In about a month, fans of Strawberry Fields Natural Food Market in Urbana and World Harvest International & Gourmet Foods in Champaign won’t have to make two stops any more.
Post date: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 10:32
The City of Urbana Human Relations Commission, Office of the Mayor, and Human Relations Office Celebrates Black History Month with a series of quotes from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Rosa Parks and W. E. B. DuBois. For more information please contact the Human Relations Office.
Post date: Thursday, February 9, 2017 - 08:38
Come view the latest Artist of the Corridor exhibition titled 39: A Journey of Inspiration, featuring landscape paintings and drawings by Lori Fuller. This exhibition is on view until March 3rd, 2017 at the Urbana City Building (400 S. Vine Street) and The Urbana Free Library (210 W. Green Street).
Post date: Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 10:47