Office of the Mayor
Duties are defined by state law for Urbana's mayor-aldermanic form of government.
- The mayor is the chief executive of the city.
- The mayor appoints numerous officials and staff including the Police Chief, Fire Chief, Director of Public Works, and Director of Community Development as well as members of city boards and commissions, all with the approval of the city council. Residents interested in serving on a board or commission should use this application form.
- Represents the City on intergovernmental boards (e.g., METCAD, Regional Planning Commission, Champaign-Urbana Area Transportation Study)
- Chairs City Council Meetings
- Serves as Local Liquor Control Commissioner
- Works with City Council to plan and implement city goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manages resources for achievement of City goals and objectives
- Oversees hiring, the regular review of compensation, benefits and working conditions, and the discipline of all City personnel
- Represents the City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news media and at public relations meetings and events
- Works with Finance Director to develop the annual budget proposal and administer the approved budget
To contact the Mayor, please contact Kate Brickman, Executive Assistant to the Mayor at 384-2456 or email@example.com
Urbana City Building
400 South Vine Street61801 Urbana , IL
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Come view the latest Artist of the Corridor exhibition titled 39: A Journey of Inspiration, featuring landscape paintings and drawings by Lori Fuller. This exhibition is on view until March 3rd, 2017 at the Urbana City Building (400 S. Vine Street) and The Urbana Free Library (210 W. Green Street).
Post date: Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 10:47
The City of Urbana is looking for volunteers interested in serving on various boards and commissions. Currently, there are vacancies on the following boards and commissions:
Post date: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 16:00
The cities of Champaign and Urbana, along with the Champaign-Urbana International Humanitarian Awards Committee have selected the recipients of the 2016 Champaign-Urbana International Humanitarian Awards. The award recipients will be honored on Thursday, September 8th, at the Hilton Garden Inn, 1501 South Neil Street, Champaign. A receipti
Post date: Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 10:34
Over the next 12 months, Urbana residents who participate in municipal electric aggregation will see savings on their annual electricity bill compared to the Ameren Illinois rate.
Post date: Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 16:06
The City of Urbana has prevailed against a landlord in a court case involving serious property maintenance code violations at three apartment buildings in southeast Urbana. The court assessed fines in the amount of $473,700. Champaign County Associate Judge John Kennedy ruled Wednesday (May 18) that Platinum Group Properties LLC -- owned by Paul Zerrouki and his wife, Nicolette Negrau -- must pay the fines within the next 12 months plus court costs.
Post date: Friday, May 20, 2016 - 16:55