Longtime City Arborist Michael Brunk has been appointed to a two-year term on the Illinois Forestry Development Council. Brunk was appointed by Gov. Bruce Rauner to the 29-member forestry council in January. He will be one of two members representing the interests of urban forestry.
Office of the Mayor
Mayor of Urbana: Diane Marlin
Duties are defined by state law for Urbana's mayor-aldermanic form of government.
- The mayor is the chief executive of the city.
- The mayor appoints numerous officials and staff including the Police Chief, Fire Chief, Director of Public Works, and Director of Community Development as well as members of city boards and commissions, all with the approval of the city council.
- Represents the City on intergovernmental boards (e.g., METCAD, Regional Planning Commission, Champaign-Urbana Area Transportation Study)
- Chairs City Council Meetings
- Serves as Liquor Commissioner
- Works with City Council to plan and implement city goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manages resources for achievement of City goals and objectives
- Oversees hiring, the regular review of compensation, benefits and working conditions, and the discipline of all City personnel
- Represents the City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news media and at public relations meetings and events
- Works with Finance Director to develop the annual budget proposal and administer the approved budget
To contact the Mayor, please contact Kate Brickman, Executive Assistant to the Mayor at 384-2456 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Urbana City Building
400 South Vine Street61801 Urbana , IL
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Post date: Monday, May 16, 2016 - 13:39
Urbana Mayor Laurel Prussing signed a three-year contract last week with Homefield Energy to supply electricity to homes and small businesses through the city’s Municipal Electric Aggregation program.
Post date: Monday, February 29, 2016 - 15:03
Walk with the Mayors is back and better than ever! Join us for a free, 3-mile walk through Urbana and Champaign neighborhoods on Saturday, April 2, 2016 beginning at 9 a.m. starting in Douglass Park.
Post date: Friday, February 19, 2016 - 15:53
A new Urbana enterprise zone will dramatically slash property tax bills for constructing new homes and businesses, and create more jobs. The state-approved joint Urbana/Champaign County Enterprise Zone takes effect this Friday, Jan. 1. “We are delighted,” said Mayor Laurel Prussing. “Urbana’s new enterprise zone includes residential, which is unusual. New homes built in our enterprise zone will pay less in total property taxes than they would in Champaign for the first 13 years.”
Post date: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 14:31
Join us for the 15th Annual Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Countywide Celebration
Post date: Wednesday, December 2, 2015 - 15:38