Urbana residents and small businesses saved in excess of $500,000 in electricity costs from July through September, thanks to municipal electric aggregation.
Office of the Mayor
Mayor of Urbana: Diane Marlin
Duties are defined by state law for Urbana's mayor-aldermanic form of government.
- The mayor is the chief executive of the city.
- The mayor appoints numerous officials and staff including the Police Chief, Fire Chief, Director of Public Works, and Director of Community Development as well as members of city boards and commissions, all with the approval of the city council.
- Represents the City on intergovernmental boards (e.g., METCAD, Regional Planning Commission, Champaign-Urbana Area Transportation Study)
- Chairs City Council Meetings
- Serves as Liquor Commissioner
- Works with City Council to plan and implement city goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manages resources for achievement of City goals and objectives
- Oversees hiring, the regular review of compensation, benefits and working conditions, and the discipline of all City personnel
- Represents the City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news media and at public relations meetings and events
- Works with Finance Director to develop the annual budget proposal and administer the approved budget
To contact the Mayor, please contact Kate Brickman, Executive Assistant to the Mayor at 384-2456 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Urbana City Building
400 South Vine Street61801 Urbana , IL
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Post date: Monday, November 26, 2012 - 16:00
Are you interested in how Urbana grows? Are you interested in housing programs? Are you interested in fair housing or fair employment? If you want to serve the City of Urbana in these and other areas, apply for a position on a City Board or Commission!
Post date: Thursday, November 15, 2012 - 14:32
The city of Urbana has been awarded a major grant from Sister Cities International to undertake a trilateral pilot project involving Urbana, Zomba, Malawi, and the Haizhu District, China.
Post date: Tuesday, November 6, 2012 - 13:53
The City of Urbana cordially invites you to a public dedication for the Art in the Park installation designed by Champaign County-born and internationally acclaimed artist John David Mooney.
Post date: Thursday, October 4, 2012 - 14:43
The public hearing by the Local Liquor Control Commissioner of the City of Urbana scheduled to take place at the hour of 1:00 p.m. on September 20, 2012, in the City Council Chambers, 400 South Vine Street, Urbana, Illinois, is cancelled.
Post date: Monday, September 17, 2012 - 16:26