News Release: November 2012
Office of the Mayor
Mayor of Urbana: Diane Marlin
Duties are defined by state law for Urbana's mayor-aldermanic form of government.
- The mayor is the chief executive of the city.
- The mayor appoints numerous officials and staff including the Police Chief, Fire Chief, Director of Public Works, and Director of Community Development as well as members of city boards and commissions, all with the approval of the city council.
- Represents the City on intergovernmental boards (e.g., METCAD, Regional Planning Commission, Champaign-Urbana Area Transportation Study)
- Chairs City Council Meetings
- Serves as Liquor Commissioner
- Works with City Council to plan and implement city goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manages resources for achievement of City goals and objectives
- Oversees hiring, the regular review of compensation, benefits and working conditions, and the discipline of all City personnel
- Represents the City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news media and at public relations meetings and events
- Works with Finance Director to develop the annual budget proposal and administer the approved budget
To contact the Mayor, please contact Kate Brickman, Executive Assistant to the Mayor at 384-2456 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Urbana City Building
400 South Vine Street61801 Urbana , IL
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Post date: Monday, August 27, 2012 - 10:28
News Release: June, 2012 Four Urbana residents have complained in recent days that they were the victim of aggressive and misleading telephone solicitations regarding electricity contracts. The city has forwarded the complaints about Liberty Power, a Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.-based retail electric supplier, to the Illinois Commerce Commision consumer services division.
Post date: Friday, June 22, 2012 - 15:30
Representatives of the Home Run Food Mart in east Urbana voluntarily surrendered the convenience store's Class C liquor license Wednesday (June 20) at a local liquor control commission hearing.
Post date: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 13:37
NOTICE IS HEREBY given that the Local Liquor Control Commissioner of the City of Urbana will hold a public hearing at the hour of 11:00 a.m. on June 20, 2012, in the City Council Chambers, 400 South Vine Street, Urbana, Illinois, concerning the following charges of the Urbana Police Department against the Diah Corporation, d/b/a Home Run Food & Liquor (the “Licensee”), 1509 East Washington Street, Urbana, Illinois:
Post date: Monday, June 18, 2012 - 09:03
The City Council of the City of Urbana, Illinois will hold a public hearing at 7:00 p.m., Monday, June 18, 2012, in the Council Chambers of the Urbana City Building, 400 South Vine Street, Urbana, for the purpose of receiving public comment regarding a proposed annual budget for the City of Urbana, in the County of Champaign, State of Illinois, for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2012 and ending June 30, 2013.
Post date: Friday, June 15, 2012 - 08:43