Notice is hereby given that the Local Liquor Control Commissioner of the City of Urbana will hold a public hearing at the hour of 10:30 a.m. on June 12, 2012, in the City Council Chambers, 400 South Vine Street, Urbana, Illinois, concerning the following charges of the Urbana Police Department against the Diah Corporation, d/b/a Home Run Food & Liquor (the "Licensee"), 1509 East Washington Street, Urbana, Illinois:
Office of the Mayor
Mayor of Urbana: Diane Marlin
Duties are defined by state law for Urbana's mayor-aldermanic form of government.
- The mayor is the chief executive of the city.
- The mayor appoints numerous officials and staff including the Police Chief, Fire Chief, Director of Public Works, and Director of Community Development as well as members of city boards and commissions, all with the approval of the city council.
- Represents the City on intergovernmental boards (e.g., METCAD, Regional Planning Commission, Champaign-Urbana Area Transportation Study)
- Chairs City Council Meetings
- Serves as Liquor Commissioner
- Works with City Council to plan and implement city goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manages resources for achievement of City goals and objectives
- Oversees hiring, the regular review of compensation, benefits and working conditions, and the discipline of all City personnel
- Represents the City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news media and at public relations meetings and events
- Works with Finance Director to develop the annual budget proposal and administer the approved budget
To contact the Mayor, please contact Kate Brickman, Executive Assistant to the Mayor at 384-2456 or email@example.com
Urbana City Building
400 South Vine Street61801 Urbana , IL
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Post date: Thursday, June 7, 2012 - 14:47
On May 21st, the Urbana City Council approved an increase to the Local Motor Fuel Tax from 2.4 cents to 4 cents per gallon. The increase will take effect on July 1, 2012.
Post date: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - 10:52
News Release: May, 2012 Municipal electric aggregation will save most Urbana residents more than 30 percent on the electric supply portion of their Ameren Illinois bills, starting in July or August. Many residents will experience annual savings of more than $100.
Post date: Friday, May 18, 2012 - 12:21
URBANA – Protecting the Mahomet Aquifer from the threat of a proposed PCB landfill near Clinton will be the subject of a town hall meeting to be held from 7 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the Beckman Institute Auditorium on the University of Illinois campus.
Post date: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 15:07
News Release: May, 2012 URBANA – Many city residents will see savings of 36 percent on the electric supply portion of their power bills, starting in August, after Mayor Laurel Prussing signed a two-year contract with Homefield Energy of Collinsville.
Post date: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 - 14:32