The Urbana Plan Commission will hold a public hearing regarding the proposed zoning ordinance text amendment and zoning map amendments on Thursday, May 10, 2012, at 7:30 PM in the Urbana City Council Chambers (400 S. Vine St). The Plan Commission will make a recommendation on the cases, which will be considered by the Urbana City Council at a future meeting.
Office of the Mayor
Mayor of Urbana: Diane Marlin
Duties are defined by state law for Urbana's mayor-aldermanic form of government.
- The mayor is the chief executive of the city.
- The mayor appoints numerous officials and staff including the Police Chief, Fire Chief, Director of Public Works, and Director of Community Development as well as members of city boards and commissions, all with the approval of the city council.
- Represents the City on intergovernmental boards (e.g., METCAD, Regional Planning Commission, Champaign-Urbana Area Transportation Study)
- Chairs City Council Meetings
- Serves as Liquor Commissioner
- Works with City Council to plan and implement city goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manages resources for achievement of City goals and objectives
- Oversees hiring, the regular review of compensation, benefits and working conditions, and the discipline of all City personnel
- Represents the City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news media and at public relations meetings and events
- Works with Finance Director to develop the annual budget proposal and administer the approved budget
To contact the Mayor, please contact Kate Brickman, Executive Assistant to the Mayor at 384-2456 or email@example.com
Urbana City Building
400 South Vine Street61801 Urbana , IL
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Post date: Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 15:46
On Friday, April 27, 2012 at 10 a.m., students from Thomas Paine Elementary will gather in Lohmann Park to hear Urbana’s official Arbor Day Proclamation, read by Mayor Laurel Prussing. The students will hear a presentation about the significance of Arbor Day and the value of Urbana’s trees. The Urbana City Arborist will give a brief presentation about arboriculture and discuss some of the often overlooked benefits of urban trees.
Post date: Friday, April 20, 2012 - 12:35
Join the Champaign County Chamber of Commerce at a ribbon cutting for the new expansion of Eastland Suites Hotel and Conference Center. The event starts at 4:30 PM at 1907 N Cunningham Ave in Urbana. Eastland Suites offers accomodations and meeting space for business and leisure travelers. For more information on this event, call the Chamber of Commerce at (217) 359-1791
Post date: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 09:10
Join the Champaign County Chamber of Commerce for a ribbon cutting for the newly rennovated Vineyard Church Hope Center. The event is from 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM at 1500 N Lincoln Ave in Urbana. The Hope Center provides assistance to Champaign-Urbana community members including food and hygiene product distribution as well as guidance in seeking employment.
Post date: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 08:58
In-person voting is available at the County Clerk's office: Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PMSaturday, 8:30 to NOONMonday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM The Clerk's Office is located in the Brookens Administrative Center at 1776 E. Washingtonin Urbana. Phone: (217) 384-3720
Post date: Friday, March 16, 2012 - 10:58