The League of Women Voters of Champaign County held a forum on Tuesday, March 13th to inform voters about the Municipal Electric Aggregation. Residents of Urbana voted in favor of Municipal Electric Aggregation on the March 20th ballot.
Office of the Mayor
Mayor of Urbana: Diane Marlin
Duties are defined by state law for Urbana's mayor-aldermanic form of government.
- The mayor is the chief executive of the city.
- The mayor appoints numerous officials and staff including the Police Chief, Fire Chief, Director of Public Works, and Director of Community Development as well as members of city boards and commissions, all with the approval of the city council.
- Represents the City on intergovernmental boards (e.g., METCAD, Regional Planning Commission, Champaign-Urbana Area Transportation Study)
- Chairs City Council Meetings
- Serves as Liquor Commissioner
- Works with City Council to plan and implement city goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manages resources for achievement of City goals and objectives
- Oversees hiring, the regular review of compensation, benefits and working conditions, and the discipline of all City personnel
- Represents the City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news media and at public relations meetings and events
- Works with Finance Director to develop the annual budget proposal and administer the approved budget
To contact the Mayor, please contact Kate Brickman, Executive Assistant to the Mayor at 384-2456 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Urbana City Building
400 South Vine Street61801 Urbana , IL
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Post date: Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 12:49
On March 20, 2012, voters in Champaign & Urbana chose to establish Municipal Electric Aggregation programs in their individual communities. Municipal Electric Aggregation programs allow a community the option of buying bulk electricity for its residents.
Post date: Monday, February 20, 2012 - 10:56
Proposals will be received at the Office of the Chief of Staff, 400 S. Vine St., City of Urbana, Illinois, for: Request for Qualifications: Turnkey Approach to Municipal Electric Aggregation. The deadline for submission of responses is by end of business day (4 p.m.) on Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2012. The City reserves the right to reject any or all proposals and to waive irregularities or technicalities.
Post date: Tuesday, February 7, 2012 - 15:42
News Release: January, 2012 Q: What is municipal electric aggregation?
Post date: Friday, January 13, 2012 - 15:12
As of 2:00pm, Friday, January 13, 2012, the Urbana Public Works Director has declared the sidewalk snow and ice removal requirement in effect for the Downtown, University and South Philo Road snow removal districts.
Post date: Friday, January 13, 2012 - 14:03