The Urbana Police Department will have zero tolerance when responding to calls of loud parties and disorderly and intoxicated subjects. We ask that apartment complexes strictly enforce lease violations and address problems associated with this event.
Some Urbana City Code Violations and Fines to keep in mind:
- Purchase/Possession/Consumption of Alcohol by Minors- $300
- Consumption and Possession of Liquor on Public Property- $165
- Depositing Garbage/Waste on Property of Another- $165
- Loud Noise Prohibited- $215
- Allowing a Nuisance Party- $300
It is important that residents be aware of the Illinois Social Host Law (235 ILCS 5/6-16(c))
Individuals can be arrested and face criminal charges for simply allowing or permitting individuals under the age of 21 to drink alcohol at their residence or on their property- even if the individual did not directly supply or provide the underage person with alcohol.