Eight City of Urbana employees recently participated in the Polar Plunge. In an effort to raise money for Special Olympics Illinois, participants of the Polar Plunge collect donations of at least $100 each and then “plunge” into Lake of the Woods in Mahomet.
Employees participating included:
- Betsy Alfonso - Urbana Police Department
- John Franquemont - Urbana Police Department
- Josh Jeffers - Urbana Police Department
- Jason Liggett - Executive Department
- Takela Lucas - Finance Department
Eric Ruff - Urbana Police Department
- Rachel Storm - Community Development Department
- Jonathan Yeagle - Urbana Police Department
The group raised over $1,000 for Special Olympics Illinois. The Urbana Police Department participates in several events throughout the year to raise money for Special Olympics Illinois. They hope to raise $5,000 in 2018.