The Urbana Free Library Winter Reading Program
Children through grade 5 are invited to sign up for Let Us Read! and receive free books – just for reading!
- Each time you read 15 minutes, color an empty snowflake.
- You can read anything---books, graphic novels, magazines, listen to audiobooks, TumbleBooks, or have someone read to you.
- When you have colored all of the empty snowflakes, return your reading log to the children's question desk by February 28 to receive a free book!
- Pick up a reading log at the children’s question desk or print a copy from home (no registration necessary).
Why let children have all the fun? Teens and Adults can sign up for Winter Reading Resolution Bingo!
- Choose a row of five reading activities and keep track of your progress. Make it fun and make it challenging.
- One book can fulfill more than one activity, but you must read at least four books to complete a row.
- When you've completed a Bingo, teens bring your log to the first-floor information desk and adults to the second-floor reference desk by February 28 and choose from our cart of prize books.
- Then take another log and keep reading for more prizes!
- To obtain a reading log, stop by the information desk on the first floor, the second-floor reference desk, or print a copy from home (no registration necessary).
For more information at the Winter Reading Program, contact the Library at 217-367-4057.