Closed - Request for Bid: 2018 Oil and Chip Street Maintenance Project
Sealed proposals for the furnishing or delivering & installing materials required in the construction/maintenance of Section # 18-00608-00-SC will be received and at that time publicly opened and read at the office of Director of Public Works, 706 South Glover, Urbana, Illinois 61802 until 3:00 PM on July 11, 2018.
- Plans and proposal forms are available in the office of Director of Public Works, 706 South Glover Avenue, Urbana, IL 61802
- The 2 low bidders must file within 24 hours after the letting an “Affidavit of Availability” (Form BC 57), in duplicate, showing all uncompleted contracts awarded to them and all low bids pending award for Federal, State, County, Municipal and private work.
- The Awarding Authority reserves the right to waive technicalities and to reject any or all proposals as provided in BLRS Special Provision for Bidding Requirements and Conditions for Material Proposals.
- A proposal guaranty in the proper amount, as specified in BLRS Special Provision for Bidding Requirements and Conditions for Material Proposals, will be required. Bid Bonds will be allowed as a proposal guaranty.
- The successful bidder at the time of execution of the contract will be required to deposit a contract bond for the full amount of the award. When a contract bond is not required, the proposal guaranty check will be held in lieu thereof. Failure on the part of the contractor to deliver the material within the time specified or to do the work specified herein will be considered just cause to forfeit his surety as provided in Article 108.10 of the Standard Specifications.
- Proposals shall be submitted on forms furnished by the Awarding Authority and shall be enclosed in an envelope endorsed “Material Proposal, Section 18-00608-00-SC”.