Check out a HOT SPOT!
Did you know that The Urbana Free Library has tech gadgets you can borrow? This is yet another good reason to sign-up for a library card this September, which is "Library Card Sign-Up Month."
Let's say your family is going on vacation, and you want to bring Wi-Fi with you. There's no need to extend you local service and increase your monthly bill. Your Urbana Free Library card allows you to check-out that ever-valuable Hot Spot for your family to borrow on your vacation.
How wonderful is the library, right? But, guess what? There is more!
Ever wonder what family treasures lurk on those old VHS tapes you’ve saved? Thinking about reformatting your boxes full of photos or slides to digital duplicates? Do you have a cache of dated 3.5 inch floppy discs with unknown files you’d like to view or copy? Need a projector to display images for that presentation you’re planning?
The Library's Productivity Collection kits provide specialized technology or hardware to help you accomplish those tasks and more. Borrow from the Library rather than buying something you might only use once or for a limited time. Check equipment out to see if it fits your needs before you purchase your own.
Here are the cool tech and hardware devices available at The Urbana Free Library:
- Professional bluetooth selfie stick
- Pioneer Blu-ray burner
- Mobile hotspot
- Mobile hotspot.
- Kill A Watt EZ™ power meter, model P4460
- GoPro hero 5 black
- Digital radon detector
- Dell mobile projector kit : model M115HD
- Chuanganzhuo® USB external floppy drive
- Bounty Hunter Tracker IV metal detector
- Bose® SoundLink Color II portable bluetooth speaker
- Texas Instruments TI-Nspire CX CAS graphing calculator
- Toshiba® DVD videorecorder / video cassette recorder : DVR620KU
- Wolverine F2D mighty film to digital converter
- Wolverine photo digitizer
If you have suggestions for new additions to the collection, please let us know, so we can add to our list of possibilities!
- These materials may be checked out at the circulation desk with a library card.
- Items can be checked out for two weeks, with up to five renewals unless there is a request by another borrower.
- If an item is checked out, please place a hold or ask a staff member to help you.
- Please return items to the circulation desk.