Due to the Governor's shelter in place order, this meeting will be held via Zoom.
Join Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID: 930 3791 9758
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,93037919758# US (Chicago)
Public Input and Viewing for Urbana City Council, Committee of the Whole, and some Boards and Commissions
Anyone can watch the meeting on streaming services, UPTV, or attend virtually via Zoom. The Zoom session will be recorded as part of the record. We will not be monitoring or using the Chat window for meetings. Additional Instructions may be provided by the Chair.
Providing Public Input
Providing Public Input by e-mail:
- We ask that if you possibly can, submit your public comments by email to email@example.com by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, April 28, 2020. These will be read as part of the record of the meeting.
- You do not need to install software on a computer to use Zoom. You can click “Join from your browser.” Zoom does prefer for users to download and install their meeting client software on your computer. Choose the option you are comfortable with and note, these may be browser specific. There is a Zoom app for smartphones.
- Make sure you have a microphone on your computer if you wish to speak.
- Please turn-off any sound from other sources such as UPTV or cable, as there will be a lag in the audio if you are also watching the meeting. You should see the meeting video stream through Zoom, see the staff presentation slides, and hear people talking.
- We will be muting participants except during public input, when they will be recognized to speak after raising their hand (see the next bullet point). Video will remain off for all members of the public, even while they are speaking.
- If you wish to speak when the Chair opens the public hearing for Public Input, please "Raise your hand" using the option as shown in the Participant window (if using the Phone App, this option is shown by touching your name). When called on by the chair or host, you will be un-muted. Please state your name for the record.
- Persons with disabilities needing special services or accommodations for this meeting should contact the City of Urbana's Americans with Disabilities Coordinator at 384-2466.
- You can find tutorials and help information here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-How-Do-I-Join-A-Meeting-.
Providing Public Input by Phone:
- Please turn off any sound from watching the meeting on TV or other streaming service, as there will be a lag in the audio. Join the meeting by calling 1-312-626-6799. Callers will be asked to enter the Meeting ID number above followed by the # key.
- All callers are muted by default.
- If you wish to speak, please "Raise your hand" by pressing *9 once - this toggles the raise/lower hand option. when called on by the chair or host by your phone number, you will be un-muted. Please state your first and last name for the record. When you are finished speaking, the host will "lower you hand" and mute you - there is no need to press any more buttons.