Keep Up-to-Date on COVID-19 in Champaign County
The Champaign-Urbana Public Health District is your place for information on COVID-19
Contacts: Carle Public Relations, (217) 902-5201
Champaign-Urbana Public Health District (217) 239-7877
Christie Clinic (217) 239-6248
OSF, Libby Allison, Media Relations Coordinator, (309) 308-5015
For release on April 4, 2020
Champaign County Healthcare COVID-19 Daily Briefing
Champaign, Ill.— Under the leadership of the Champaign County Emergency Operations Center (EOC), area healthcare organizations will be providing daily media briefings.
The number of persons diagnosed with COVID-19 in Illinois continues to rise. We are announcing three new cases. As of today, there are 55 confirmed cases in Champaign County. These numbers are accurate as of the release time. For information on demographics, please visit the Champaign-Urbana Public Health website at: https://www.c-uphd.org/champaign-urbana-illinois-coronavirus-information...
New Champaign County COVID-19 Resource Site
During this challenging time, the community is coming together to provide solutions. A county website has been created to provide information, updates and needed resources that provide support.
This information can be found here. Information is currently provided for the following topics:
· Housing and Shelter
· Financial Assistance
· Volunteering and Donating
· Child Care and Education
The website will be updated as new information is received.
We have community transmission, meaning the virus is circulating among the local community and infecting people who are not sure how or where they were infected, we all should consider ourselves at risk for exposure to COVID-19. That means that everyone should stay home as much as possible and self-monitor for symptoms. Self-monitoring means checking yourself daily for fever, cough, shortness of breath or a sore throat. Health officials do not indicate testing for mildly ill or asymptomatic people.
This week’s focus: Planning for surge in patients
Hospitals and clinics are ready: we know how to isolate patients within our facilities. Our teams treat patients with a variety of infectious diseases on a daily basis. These patients are isolated and treated in appropriate spaces by trained staff using specialized equipment.
· We’re providing enhanced training on the appropriate use of personal protective equipment and working to conserve our supplies.
· While COVID-19 is new, preparing for responses to disasters, including potential epidemics and pandemics (e.g., H1N1, Swine Flu, Ebola), is not.
· We continually conduct education and drills to be prepared as possible for these types of public health emergencies.
· We remain in close contact with our partners and work together to ensure we have information and supplies through our regional response plans.
Beginning April 1, Christie Clinic Convenient Care will be operating out of the Christie Clinic in Urbana and Christie Clinic in Danville on Vermilion locations.
Any suspected Coronavirus patients should CALL the Christie Clinic Hotline (217-366-4070) for instructions prior to arriving at any Christie Clinic location. To prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community, Coronavirus testing and provider assessment locations are separate from all other Christie Clinic services. The Christie Clinic Hotline will direct you to the appropriate location for your needed services. The Hotline will help you arrange an appointment without potentially exposing others to the virus. For patients with scheduled appointments un-related to COVID-19, please be advised you will be contacted 24-hours prior to your appointment and before you enter any Christie Clinic location for screening questions.
Christie Clinic now accepting hand-made masks for non-clinical use
Christie Clinic is now accepting donations of hand-made masks for non-clinical staff. Sewn masks do not prevent COVID-19 but they may prevent the spread of germs for people outside of patient care.
· Make masks following these directions online: https://youtu.be/ueWkAuY3k6Y
· Please email email@example.com to coordinate pickup.
· Christie Clinic is also actively accepting PPE donations.
COVID-19 Patient Resources
Carle (217) 902-6100
· Visit carle.org for an online screening tool and patient information about COVID-19. A smart form will guide patients through a series of questions to assess their symptoms and risk and provide guidance on how, where or if a patient should seek care.
Champaign-Urbana Public Health District (217) 239-7877
· Email firstname.lastname@example.org
· Updated information available at c-uphd.org.
· Follow Champaign-Urbana Public Health District on Facebook for up to date information.
Christie Clinic (217) 366-4070 (8 am – 5 pm; Monday – Friday)
· Visit christieclinic.com or follow Christie Clinic on social media for the most up to date information on COVID-19.
· Christie Clinic has an authorized testing facility outside the Christie Clinic on Windsor location. Patients identified through Illinois Department of Public Health’s screening protocol to need testing will be directed to this location. Patients need to call ahead to receive specific instructions on where to go and how to be tested. This will reduce the risk of potential exposure to others.
· To help slow the spread of COVID-19, Christie Clinic patients will be limited to one support person at their appointment. Additional guests should remain in their vehicles.
OSF 833-OSF KNOW (833-673-5669)
· The COVID-19 Nurse Hotline is staffed by OSF registered nurses around the clock, and during times of heavy usage will be staffed by other OSF health care professionals.
· Clare, the virtual assistant chatbot on osfhealthcare.org, is equipped to begin screenings for and educate the public about COVID-19.
· OSF COVID Companion is a free text messaging tool that the public can use to receive guidance about COVID-19. To subscribe, users can text OSF to 67634.
The SmileHealthy dental center at Frances Nelson remains open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. to treat dental emergencies of pain or swelling. The clinic located at 819 Bloomington Road, Champaign welcomes patients with Molina, Meridian, Medicaid and Delta Dental and sees patients regardless of ability to pay on a sliding fee scale. Same day appointments are available. Call to schedule an appointment (217) 403-5401.
· Call (217) 356-1558 for care at Frances Nelson
· Call (217) 693-4660 for care at Promise on Walnut
· Call (217) 403-5477 for dental care with SmileHealthy