The Urbana Free Library Opens Again!
Date: June 26, 2020 - 9:00am
It’s been a while!
We're excited to welcome you back into the Library building starting June 26 as we move into Phase 4 of the Governor’s Restore Illinois plan. We will initially offer a Grab and Go service model with changes in the services we offer.
Grab and Go means that the building is open for limited services to minimize contact with staff and other patrons. No seating will be available besides at computer stations. We ask that patrons enter the building, find what they need, and complete their transactions in an expedited way. Curbside Pickup will continue.
- Wear a mask if medically able
- Enter with clean hands
- Adhere to social distancing measures
- Use respiratory etiquette
- Stay home if you are sick
- Be patient and kind
Other things to know about Grab and Go:
- There are capacity limits in each area of the Library and we will have signs up around the building with this information. If possible, please do not bring extra family members or friends with you.
- Throughout the Library, furniture will be removed or taped off to promote social distancing.
- There is a limit of 1-hour per day in the building.
- Self-service printing, copying, and faxing is available.
- 20 computer stations will be available for 1-hour sessions (1 session per patron, per day). To schedule an appointment, call 217-367-4405, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by. No individual computer assistance is available due to social distance guidelines.
- The Champaign County Historical Archives will be open for 1-hour sessions by appointment only (to schedule an appointment: call 217-367-4025, email email@example.com, or stop by).
- No meeting room use (including study rooms) or in-person programs at this time.
- Please abide by the social distancing markers on the floor in high-traffic areas and while waiting for staff assistance.
Regular service hours will resume:
- Monday – Thursday: 9:00 a.m. -- 9:00 p.m.
- Friday – Saturday: 9:00 a.m. -- 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 1:00 p.m. -- 5:00 p.m.
We are reserving Monday – Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. for people vulnerable to COVID-19 according to the CDC (older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions).
Questions? We can help! Responses to frequently asked questions here. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 217-367-4405.
Click on location marker to view address.