Local Business Week
About National Small Business Week
For more than 50 years, the President of the United States has issued a proclamation announcing National Small Business Week, which recognizes the critical contributions of America’s entrepreneurs and small business owners.
More than half of Americans either own or work for a small business, and they create about two out of every three new jobs in the U.S. each year. As part of National Small Business Week, the U.S. Small Business Administration takes the opportunity to highlight the impact of outstanding entrepreneurs, small business owners, and others from all 50 states and U.S. territories. Every day, they’re working to grow small businesses, create 21st century jobs, drive innovation, and increase America’s global competitiveness.
Locally, the Illinois Small Business Development Center at Champaign County is hosting 13 free events!
- The first is the Young Entrepreneur Program Pitch--a local Shark Tank! Go here for more.
- SBDC + TLC Workshop: Boost Your Marketing for the 2019 Farmers’ Market Season
- SBDC Info Session: City of Urbana – Business Grant Programs
- SBDC Info Session: CCRPC’s Financing Programs
- SBDC Workshop: What’s in a Brand
- PTAC Services at CUSBDC Info Session: Ameren’s Business Energy Efficiency Programs
- SBDC Info Session: Export Funding Options
- SBDC Info Session: City of Champaign Diversity Advancement Program (CDAP)
- SBDC Info Session: HUBZone Program
- SBDC Workshop: Starting Your Business in Illinois
- SBDC Open House Free Headshots at Lodgic Everyday Community, Sponsored by the Illinois SBDC at Champaign County EDC
- SBDC Workshop: Introduction to Quickbooks (Desktop 2019)
For more on these workshops, go here.