City Community Services During The COVID-19 Pandemic
City of Urbana Services During The COVID-19 Pandemic
Infrastructure and Maintenance
- Curbside recycling pickup will continue on normal schedule.
- Sanitary and storm sewer maintenance continues with reduced staffing.
- Traffic signals/signs, streetlights, and roadway maintenance will address immediate hazards and perform high-priority maintenance. Routine maintenance has resumed with reduced staffing.
- Tree hazards will be mitigated on a priority basis. Routine maintenance has resumed with reduced staffing.
- Work on the City’s capital projects will continue, including construction on multiple projects slated to start in April.
Public Safety – Fire & Police
- All Police operations are fully functional. Use the on-line citizen police report tool to submit most non-emergency reports.
- Fire and Emergency Medical Services are fully functional with the use of proper Personal Protective Equipment.
- Call 9-1-1 for emergency and life-saving services in Urbana.
- Call 217-384-2420 for non-emergency needs related to the Fire Department.
- Call 217-384-2320 for non-emergency public safety issues. Public safety and emergency response are our top priorities – to ensure continued access to these critical services, residents should call 9-1-1 for potentially life-threatening emergencies only.
Permits and Inspections
- Requests for building permits should be submitted on-line or via email (email@example.com). Requests for building permit inspections should be submitted via email to the respective inspector or by phone: 217-384-2443.
- Utility & Right-of-Way and Erosion Control permits will continue to be issued and sites inspected (online for Utility & ROW; online for Erosion Control).
- Apply online for residential parking permits here.
- Click here to go to the Parking & Transportation Parking Portal
Financial and Administrative Services
- Late fees have been suspended for parking tickets issued in March, April, and May 2020.
- Waiver of late fees for self-reported City of Urbana taxes (food and beverage tax, hotel/motel tax, and local motor fuel tax) for February, March, and April due dates are now April 30, May 30, and June 30, 2020 respectively.
- Waiver of meter bagging fees for up to two parking spaces adjacent to restaurants providing curb-side pick-up and carry-out service.
Rental Registration and Inspections
- Payments for rental registration are accepted on-line or via U.S. mail. Questions should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadlines for required re-inspections have been extended one month (due dates would have been previously noted in any Notice of Violation issued by the City).
- Complaint inspections for imminent health issues will continue as necessary. Complaints should be made on-line or call 217-384-2443.
Economic Development and Zoning
- Zoning and subdivision inquiries and applications should be submitted via email (email@example.com).
- Enterprise Zone Sales Tax Exemption Certificates will continue to be issued for qualified applicants upon the issuance of a building permit.
- All property search and business incentive programs remain open and available. Contact staff by email.
- Applications for Urbana’s Market at the Square can be submitted on-line.
- Check out virtual Public Arts and Culture programs on social media.
Home Repair Grants
- Emergency repair and senior citizen repair grants will be processed if possible and if the repair is pressing. Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 217-384-2444.
- The deadline to submit comments on the Urbana HOME Consortium Draft FY2020-2024 Consolidated Plan and City of Urbana Draft FY2020-2021 Annual Action Plan has been extended. Submit comments by email (email@example.com).