City Services During Governor’s Stay At Home Order
City of Urbana Services During Governor's Stay At Home Order
Infrastructure and Maintenance
- Curbside recycling pickup will continue on normal schedule.
- Sanitary and storm sewer maintenance continues on as-needed basis.
- Traffic signals/signs, streetlights, and roadway maintenance will address immediate hazards and perform high-priority maintenance.
- Tree hazards will be mitigated on a priority basis.
- Work on the City’s capital projects will continue.
Public Safety – Fire & Police
- All Police operations are fully functional. Use the on-line citizen police report tool to submit most non-emergency reports.
- Fire and Emergency Medical Services are fully functional.
- Call 9-1-1 for emergency and life-saving services in Urbana.
- Call 217-384-2320 for non-emergency public safety issues. Public safety and emergency response are our top priorities – to ensure continued access to these critical services, residents should call 9-1-1 for potentially life-threatening emergencies only.
Permits and Inspections
- Requests for building permits should be submitted on-line or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Requests for building permit inspections should be submitted via email to the respective inspector or by phone: 217-384-2443.
- Utility & Right-of-Way and Erosion Control permits will continue to be issued and sites inspected (online for Utility & ROW; online for Erosion Control).
- Waiver of late fees for self-reported City of Urbana taxes (food and beverage tax, hotel/motel tax, and local motor fuel tax)
- Waiver of meter bagging fees for up to two parking spaces adjacent to restaurants providing curb-side pick-up and carry-out service.
- To provide temporary relief for businesses, the City of has extended the due dates for self-reported taxes without incurring lates fees. February 2020 self-reported taxes are due April 30, 2020. March 2020 self-reported taxes are due May 30, 2020. Self-reported taxes include: food and Beverage Taxes, Hotel/Motel Taxes, and Local Fuel Taxes.
- Payments for rental registration are accepted on-line or via U.S. mail. Questions should be emailed to: email@example.com.
- Deadlines for required re-inspections have been extended one month (due dates would have been previously noted in any Notice of Violation issued by the City).
- Complaint inspections for imminent health issues will continue as necessary. Complaints should be made on-line or call 217-384-2443.
Economic Development and Zoning
- Zoning and subdivision inquiries and applications should be submitted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Enterprise Zone Sales Tax Exemption Certificates will continue to be issued for qualified applicants upon the issuance of a building permit.
- All property search and business incentive programs remain open and available. Contact staff by email.
- Applications for Urbana’s Market at the Square can be submitted on-line.
- Check out virtual Public Arts and Culture programs on social media.
Home Repair Grants
- Emergency repair and senior citizen repair grants will be processed if possible and if the repair is pressing. Email (email@example.com) or call 217-384-2444.
- The deadline to submit comments on the Urbana HOME Consortium Draft FY2020-2024 Consolidated Plan and City of Urbana Draft FY2020-2021 Annual Action Plan has been extended. Submit comments by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or U.S. Mail to arrive by April 10, 2020, at 5 p.m.
To view Governor Pritzker's Stay At Home Order, go here.