The City Council establishes laws for citizen welfare, determines policies that govern providing municipal services and approves certain Mayoral appointments.
- The City Council is composed of seven members, each elected from a different ward. See Ward Map
- The Committee of the Whole meets twice a month on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month.
- The Council meets on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month.
- The City Council welcomes Public input at all meetings.
- There is an opening on the City Council in Ward 6. Go here for details and to apply.
Use this link to email all Council members: CityCouncil@UrbanaIllinois.us
*Note: Older meeting videos require Adobe Flash Player