Office of the Mayor
Duties are defined by state law for Urbana's mayor-aldermanic form of government.
- The mayor is the chief executive of the city.
- The mayor appoints numerous officials and staff including the Police Chief, Fire Chief, Director of Public Works, and Director of Community Development as well as members of city boards and commissions, all with the approval of the city council. Residents interested in serving on a board or commission should use this application form.
- Represents the City on intergovernmental boards (e.g., METCAD, Regional Planning Commission, Champaign-Urbana Area Transportation Study)
- Chairs City Council Meetings
- Serves as Local Liquor Control Commissioner
- Works with City Council to plan and implement city goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manages resources for achievement of City goals and objectives
- Oversees hiring, the regular review of compensation, benefits and working conditions, and the discipline of all City personnel
- Represents the City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news media and at public relations meetings and events
- Works with Finance Director to develop the annual budget proposal and administer the approved budget
To contact the Mayor, please contact Kate Brickman, Executive Assistant to the Mayor at 384-2456 or email@example.com
Urbana City Building
400 South Vine Street61801 Urbana , IL
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
CLOSED The City of Urbana relies on an IBM Power7 720 server for critical systems. The City is actively replacing those systems running on the Power7, but will not complete that process before the expected end-of-life for our model (server 8202, model E4B). The City’s current IBM ServiceElite Entitlement Verification expires September 30, 2020.
Post date: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 - 08:21
Requesting Department: Urbana Executive Department/IT DivisionContact Person: Sanford HessAddress: 400 S. Vine St. Urbana, IL 61801Telephone Number: (217) 384-2354E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org This RFQ was withdrawn, and will be re-posted in late June.
Post date: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 - 08:19
CLOSED Requesting Department: Executive DepartmentContact Person: Sanford Hess, City of Urbana, IT DirectorAddress: 400 South Vine Street, Urbana, IL 61801Telephone No.: (217) 384-2354E-Mail Address: email@example.com Bid Submission Deadline: March 31, 2020 Time: 5:00 P.M. Central Time The City of Urbana seeks a software program for employee worktime processes.
Post date: Monday, February 17, 2020 - 09:38
Mayor Diane Wolfe Marlin was very happy to share the news in a statement to Urbana City staff.
Post date: Thursday, December 26, 2019 - 10:56
Post date: Friday, November 15, 2019 - 09:25