The Illinois Municipal Policy Journal has selected the City of Urbana to be featured in its upcoming fall 2018 publication. Specifically, the feature will concentrate on the Urbana Bicycle Master Plan, a comprehensive strategy that improves bicycle transportation in and around the City. "Our collected data states that 6.7 percent of Urbana residents bike to work," Lauren Crabtree of the IMPJ said.
To maintain and improve the quality of life for Urbana citizens by providing programs of economic development, housing, planning, zoning enforcement, and building safety code enforcement.
Major Activities of the Community Development Department:
- Plan and implement department goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manage resources for efficient achievement of City and department goals and objectives
- Develop department staff through training and evaluation procedures
- Manage personnel through work directives and rules
- Represent the department and City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news-media and at public relations meetings and events
- Participate in the planning and preparation of the City's capital improvements long-term plan and budget