THE FOLLOWING STREET CLOSURES WILL OCCUR FOR THE ANNUAL SWEETCORN FESTIVAL BEGINNING FRIDAY, AUGUST 23RD, 2019 AND CONTINUING THROUGH SUNDAY, AUGUST 25TH, 2019. On Friday, August 23rd at 6:00 a.m. the following streets will be closed: Main Street from Vine Street to Cedar Street Walnut Street from Water Street to Main Street Broadway Avenue from Elm Street to Water Street Race Street from Elm Street to Water Street The Urbana Parking Deck (upper level) will be accessible from South Race to Elm Street at all times.
To maintain and improve the quality of life for Urbana citizens by providing programs of economic development, housing, planning, zoning enforcement, and building safety code enforcement.
Major Activities of the Community Development Department:
- Plan and implement department goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manage resources for efficient achievement of City and department goals and objectives
- Develop department staff through training and evaluation procedures
- Manage personnel through work directives and rules
- Represent the department and City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news-media and at public relations meetings and events
- Participate in the planning and preparation of the City's capital improvements long-term plan and budget