Work at the Urbana Business Association as a Marketing and Events Manager
MARKETING AND EVENTS MANAGER
Job Purpose: The Full Time Marketing & Events Manager is responsible for planning, marketing and execution of reoccurring or special events as well as advertising, promotion, and graphic design services of the UBA; provides leadership assistance in the planning, organization, operation, and evaluation of said events designed to generate revenue for the organization, and provides its members and the business community with an opportunity to reach new and existing consumers; provides promotion of its members and the business community through a variety of avenues with an opportunity to reach new and existing consumers; produces various, ongoing advertising campaigns for the organization that serve to inform businesses and the general public about our mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Updates Executive Director on matters as they relate to marketing, promotions and events.
- Manages all promotions by updating local community calendars, social media, e- newsletters, sending out press releases, managing press contacts, acting as a media spokesperson, working with local media on finalizing ads with various contracted media outlets and designing print material for any UBA marketing as well as the members of the UBA.
- Generates creative ideas for current and new events and assists approved initiatives from concept to completion. Initiatives should advance the mission of the organization, its members, and local businesses.
- In alignment with the directives of the Executive Director, assist or manage event operations.
- Primary contact for volunteer coordination, direction, and recognition during the event cycle.
- Acts as the primary contact for intern and special event staff with respect to daily duties and scheduling.
- Attends events and meetings where UBA representation is necessary, acting as an ambassador for the UBA as well as the Urbana business community, and professionally advances the organization’s mission to interested parties.
- Must possess creativity, strong communication/writing, and problem-solving skills.
- Effectively managing tight deadlines and multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail, follow through and adherence to brand standards.
- Effectively use self-discipline and initiative to work both independently and in teams, budgeting time and meeting deadlines and production schedules.
- Effectively using initiative to stay updated on the latest trends and practices marketing graphic design.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy. o Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Graphic Design Duties
- Other duties as assigned
Work Hours: This position requires attendance at night and weekend events and may include hours beyond the normal workday. During the Market Season (November through April), the work week will fall Tuesday through Saturday. During the Non-Market Season, the work week will fall Monday through Friday, unless the schedule is changed due to special events. Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. For a complete job description, compensation and full list of job requirements, please visit www.urbanabusiness.com/employment All interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume and references to Paris Baldarotta, Executive Director, email@example.com. No phone calls please.