Beginning 7:00 a.m. Monday, February 13, 2012 through 5:00 p.m. Sunday, February 26, 2012 weather permitting, Cunningham Avenue will have periodic lane closures in the southbound lane from Perkins Road to University Avenue to allow for the installation of fiber optic conduit and handholes. Two-way traffic will be maintained on Cunningham Avenue at all times while this work is performed.We apologize for any inconvenience these lane closures may cause.
To maintain and improve the quality of life for Urbana citizens by providing programs of economic development, housing, planning, zoning enforcement, and building safety code enforcement.
Major Activities of the Community Development Department:
- Plan and implement department goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manage resources for efficient achievement of City and department goals and objectives
- Develop department staff through training and evaluation procedures
- Manage personnel through work directives and rules
- Represent the department and City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news-media and at public relations meetings and events
- Participate in the planning and preparation of the City's capital improvements long-term plan and budget