Property/Tenant Complaints

Citizenserve Logo

Have you seen illegal parking or other code enforcement violations in your neighborhood? If so submit an online complaint, and it will be automatically routed to the appropriate department for investigation.


  • Please notify your landlord of the issue and allow them time to correct prior to submitting a complaint.
  • Your name must be on the lease to submit a complaint.
  • View instructions for complaint submission form.

Is it a violation?

Code complaints can be submitted for various items such as overgrowth, junk and debris, unsafe housing and other public nuisances.

  • For loud gatherings or music, please contact the Urbana Police Department at 217-384-2320.

Public Nuisances

  • Weeds or overgrown property
  • Trash and debris
  • Loud noise from equipment or construction

Building Safety

  • Over-occupied (more than 4 unrelated occupants per unit)
  • Disrepair or dilapidated structures
  • Tenant complaint


You'll need the address of the property in question.

More Information

View our full municipal code here

Information about code adoption and requirements:

Click on location marker to view address.
PDF icon Citizenserve Complaint Instructions95.36 KB
- Last Modified -June 15, 2022 - 3:52pm
- Author - admin