The City of Urbana invites the public to a special exhibition of traditional Chinese landscape paintings by artist Liu Jungang of the city of Shenzen, Gaungdong Province, China.
Office of the Mayor
Mayor of Urbana: Diane Marlin
Duties are defined by state law for Urbana's mayor-aldermanic form of government.
- The mayor is the chief executive of the city.
- The mayor appoints numerous officials and staff including the Police Chief, Fire Chief, Director of Public Works, and Director of Community Development as well as members of city boards and commissions, all with the approval of the city council.
- Represents the City on intergovernmental boards (e.g., METCAD, Regional Planning Commission, Champaign-Urbana Area Transportation Study)
- Chairs City Council Meetings
- Serves as Liquor Commissioner
- Works with City Council to plan and implement city goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manages resources for achievement of City goals and objectives
- Oversees hiring, the regular review of compensation, benefits and working conditions, and the discipline of all City personnel
- Represents the City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news media and at public relations meetings and events
- Works with Finance Director to develop the annual budget proposal and administer the approved budget
To contact the Mayor, please contact Kate Brickman, Executive Assistant to the Mayor at 384-2456 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Urbana City Building
400 South Vine Street61801 Urbana , IL
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Post date: Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 12:17
The City of Urbana and the Urbana Sister Cities Committee is pleased to announce a delegation of six individuals from Zomba, Malawi will visit Urbana from March 23-29, 2013.
Post date: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 16:51
You are invited to a celebration honoring Sister City visitors from Zomba, Malawi! What: The Malawi Mixer IV When: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 from 5:30-9 p.m. Where: Independent Media Center, 202 South Broadway in Urbana Music! Soul food! Dancing! New Friends!
Post date: Saturday, March 9, 2013 - 12:21
The City of Urbana has declared three apartment buildings as unsafe structures under the provisions of its Building and Property Maintenance Codes due to weakness of exterior stairways and walkways.
Post date: Friday, March 1, 2013 - 10:36
Urbana will receive a $1.4 million state economic development grant to help pay for the upcoming reconstruction of Airport Road west of U.S. 45. The city was notified of the grant award in a Feb. 19 letter from the Illinois Department of Transportation.
Post date: Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 14:27