Major Activities of the Information Services Division:
- Provide user support and training for installed software and hardware for other City departments
- Assist all departments in identifying new electronic information technologies that may assist them in performing their duties
- Prepare and recommend an annual and long-term City data processing plan to efficiently manage the City’s data-processing resources
- Design, purchase and install new personal computer systems for all city departments
- Assist elected officials in representing the City in meetings with outside agencies and community groups regarding connectivity of computerized information systems
- Perform in-house programming on the City’s AS/400 Computer System software
- In conjunction with the Police Department, manage a multi-agency computerized police records information system
- Supervise the operation of the Urbana Public Television Channel and related programs
- Provide various information services to related governments (Park District, Library, Township) under a cost-reimbursement basis
- Administer the City’s Document Storage and Retrieval System
- Administer the City's website.
- Administer the City's Open Data websites.
Click on location marker to view address.