One of Champaign-Urbana’s most popular Mexican restaurants, Mas Amigos, has moved to a new Urbana location at 1106 W. University Ave. And one of the reasons for the move was that so owner Juan Reyna could offer his authentic Mexican food to “more friends,” which is the meaning of Mas Amigos in Spanish.
Office of the Mayor
Mayor of Urbana: Diane Marlin
Duties are defined by state law for Urbana's mayor-aldermanic form of government.
- The mayor is the chief executive of the city.
- The mayor appoints numerous officials and staff including the Police Chief, Fire Chief, Director of Public Works, and Director of Community Development as well as members of city boards and commissions, all with the approval of the city council.
- Represents the City on intergovernmental boards (e.g., METCAD, Regional Planning Commission, Champaign-Urbana Area Transportation Study)
- Chairs City Council Meetings
- Serves as Liquor Commissioner
- Works with City Council to plan and implement city goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manages resources for achievement of City goals and objectives
- Oversees hiring, the regular review of compensation, benefits and working conditions, and the discipline of all City personnel
- Represents the City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news media and at public relations meetings and events
- Works with Finance Director to develop the annual budget proposal and administer the approved budget
To contact the Mayor, please contact Kate Brickman, Executive Assistant to the Mayor at 384-2456 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Urbana City Building
400 South Vine Street61801 Urbana , IL
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Post date: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 15:17
Matt Cho is only 33 but he’s about to become a major downtown Urbana landlord. Cho closed last week on the purchase of two underutilized downtown buildings: the Busey Center buildings at 206-208-210 W. Main St . He plans to renovate the adjoining buildings and to open a food collective called Cafeteria & Co. that will offer an anchor pizza restaurant, and additional room for other food businesses, as well as a creative co-work space to be called Popup Lab.
Post date: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 - 15:05
The Sierra Club of Illinois has awarded the city of Urbana its Cool Cities Achievement Award in recognition of the city’s environmental efforts to reduce greenhouse gases.
Post date: Thursday, January 10, 2013 - 09:24
Urbana hotel-motel tax receipts grew at nearly double Champaign's rate in the most recent fiscal year, which Mayor Laurel Prussing said justifies the city's decision to drop county tourism bureau funding in mid-2011.
Post date: Monday, January 7, 2013 - 16:35
Xiao Jin Yuan is a patient, determined man. The 54-year-old owner of the Urbana Landmark Hotel built his first hotel in Crescent City, Calif., over a decade ago on spectacular Pacific Ocean frontage. Doing so wasn’t easy. It took him more than three-and- a- half years to get the approval of the California Costal Commission, which tightly controls development along the California coastline.
Post date: Friday, November 30, 2012 - 12:47