Reserving Parking Meters (Meter Bags)
Upon application approval, parking meters can be rented for the purpose of temporarily reserving meter spaces as a convenience during periods of unusual loading/unloading activities, repairs, remodeling and other like activities. A bag stating reserved parking is placed over the meter head(s).
Cost effective July 1, 2019:
- $20.00 per meter per day with 24 hour notice on campus and at the hospital. $10.00 per meter per day with 24 hour notice downtown.
- $25.00 per meter for the first day and $20.00 per meter for each additional day if less than 24 hour notice on campus and at the hospital. $10.00 per meter for the first day and $15.00 per meter for each additional day if less than 24 hour notice downtown.
- Meters bagged through a weekend are charged for Saturday. Specific Sunday rentals are also charged for Saturday.
To Reserve a Meter Bag:
- Obtain the meter number(s) you want to rent (5-digit number located on the meter-head).
- If the meter is a double-headed meter you must rent both spaces.
- The Meter Reservation Request form can be filled out and saved to your computer as a PDF using Adobe Acrobat Reader, and then attached to an e-mail at the email address listed below.
- Download, read, and complete the form, then email or fax it to the Meter Maintenance Office. The fax number is (217) 384-2304. (Submitting the form is not a guarantee that the meter(s) requested are available for bagging.)
- Meter Maintenance will contact you to confirm the rental.
Meter Bagging Questions
Email ParkingMeters@Urbanaillinois.us or call (217) 384-2314.
Advanced payment is required. After receiving confirmation that the meters are available, make payment directly to:
City of Urbana Finance Dept.
400 S. Vine St.
Urbana, IL 61801