Bicycles & Transit
All MTD regular routes are served by buses which are equipped with bike racks. A maximum of two bicycles can be accommodated on each bus.
- Bikes ride free when accompanied by a fare-paying passenger.
- No special permit is required and the bike racks are very easy to use.
- You must be at least 13 years old to use the racks, unless accompanied by an adult.
- Before the bus arrives, remove anything from your bike that may fall off during the trip.
- For your safety, never step to the street side of the bus when loading or unloading your bike.
- Load your bike as quickly as possible to ensure that fellow passengers reach their destination on time.
- If the bike rack is full, wait for the next available bus.
- Folding bikes are permitted on board with certain restrictions. Do not attempt to bring your non-folding bike inside the bus.
Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District (MTD)
Click on location marker to view address.