The City of Urbana has concluded that a proposal by developer Crimson Rock Capital to renovate the Urbana Landmark Hotel is not feasible. Mayor Diane Marlin said the major issues were the large amount of money the city would have to borrow to finance the project, the low level of equity participation by the developer and overall taxpayer risk.
To maintain and improve the quality of life for Urbana citizens by providing programs of economic development, housing, planning, zoning enforcement, and building safety code enforcement.
Major Activities of the Community Development Department:
- Plan and implement department goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manage resources for efficient achievement of City and department goals and objectives
- Develop department staff through training and evaluation procedures
- Manage personnel through work directives and rules
- Represent the department and City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news-media and at public relations meetings and events
- Participate in the planning and preparation of the City's capital improvements long-term plan and budget