Knowlton & Bennett Building
130 W. Main Street
Beginning in 1871, this corner was used for a drugstore. In 1926, following the death of his brother-in-law and business partner Everett Knowlton, George M. Bennett erected this building to expand their drug and bookstore. Designed by Joseph Royer in the Collegiate Gothic style, it features wire-cut buff bricks (later painted brown), terra cotta ornaments, and polychrome shields.