Office of the Mayor
Duties are defined by state law for Urbana's mayor-aldermanic form of government.
- The mayor is the chief executive of the city.
- The mayor appoints numerous officials and staff including the Police Chief, Fire Chief, Director of Public Works, and Director of Community Development as well as members of city boards and commissions, all with the approval of the city council. Residents interested in serving on a board or commission should use this application form.
- Represents the City on intergovernmental boards (e.g., METCAD, Regional Planning Commission, Champaign-Urbana Area Transportation Study)
- Chairs City Council Meetings
- Serves as Local Liquor Control Commissioner
- Works with City Council to plan and implement city goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manages resources for achievement of City goals and objectives
- Oversees hiring, the regular review of compensation, benefits and working conditions, and the discipline of all City personnel
- Represents the City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news media and at public relations meetings and events
- Works with Finance Director to develop the annual budget proposal and administer the approved budget
To contact the Mayor, please contact Kate Brickman, Executive Assistant to the Mayor at 384-2456 or email@example.com
Urbana City Building
400 South Vine Street61801 Urbana , IL
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Post date: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 10:58
Closed The City of Urbana (IL) requests consulting services for a telecommunications system replacement at 10 City buildings. (Solicitation #1819-03) The consultant will: analyze City telecommunication needs, write specifications for a future Request to procure the equipment and installation, provide input on the proposals received for that future Request. All Proposers must register through the Vendor Contact Form in order to receive proposal documents.
Post date: Thursday, August 9, 2018 - 08:58
Closed The City is seeking proposals from qualified firms for Employee Assistance Program (“EAP”) services. The City’s EAP program is intended to help employees and their household members deal with personal problems such as alcoholism/substance abuse, family difficulties, stress, monetary/financial problems, legal troubles, family violence and other personal difficulties that might adversely impact their work performance, health, and well-being. Please be sure to read the entire RFP for specific requirements, details, and other important information!
Post date: Monday, July 23, 2018 - 15:55
You are invited to participate in a What’s in your square? Visioning Activity for the 9-block Lincoln Square area consisting of the Landmark Hotel, Lincoln Square Mall, and the publicly-owned parking lots. Spend about an hour sharing your ideas for the future during interactive activities at any of the following times:
Post date: Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 17:00
Urbana Mayor Diane Marlin’s proposed budget for fiscal year 2019 includes significant steps to lay a sound foundation for the City’s future. The proposed budget is available at https://www.urbanaillinois.us/departments/finance/financial-reports/annual-budget.
Post date: Sunday, May 27, 2018 - 12:35