The City of Urbana has released its Financial Forecast for FY2019 – FY2023. The Forecast focuses on the City’s General Operating Fund, which provides funding for most basic services, such as police and fire protection, and most public works services.
Office of the Mayor
Mayor of Urbana: Diane Marlin
Duties are defined by state law for Urbana's mayor-aldermanic form of government.
- The mayor is the chief executive of the city.
- The mayor appoints numerous officials and staff including the Police Chief, Fire Chief, Director of Public Works, and Director of Community Development as well as members of city boards and commissions, all with the approval of the city council.
- Represents the City on intergovernmental boards (e.g., METCAD, Regional Planning Commission, Champaign-Urbana Area Transportation Study)
- Chairs City Council Meetings
- Serves as Liquor Commissioner
- Works with City Council to plan and implement city goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manages resources for achievement of City goals and objectives
- Oversees hiring, the regular review of compensation, benefits and working conditions, and the discipline of all City personnel
- Represents the City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news media and at public relations meetings and events
- Works with Finance Director to develop the annual budget proposal and administer the approved budget
To contact the Mayor, please contact Kate Brickman, Executive Assistant to the Mayor at 384-2456 or email@example.com
Urbana City Building
400 South Vine Street61801 Urbana , IL
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Post date: Thursday, January 4, 2018 - 17:01
The City of Urbana will conduct a facilitated discussion on Urbana traffic enforcement on Tuesday, January 23, 2018. Please join us for this opportunity to discuss your experiences and perceptions of how the Urbana Police Department's traffic enforcement impacts your day-to-day lives. This discussion will be solely focused on traffic enforcement in the City of Urbana. When: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 from 6-8 p.m. Where: Urbana Civic Center, 108 East Water Street
Post date: Friday, December 22, 2017 - 09:42
Closed The City of Urbana relies on an IBM Power7 server for many critical systems. “Power7” is the model name of the City’s current IBM server, and more information can be found on it here: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/POWER7/p7hdx/POWER7welcome.htm
Post date: Monday, December 11, 2017 - 16:03
Post date: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 10:11
Paper 2 Tree is a new outreach program that aims to create a stronger connection between researchers at Illinois and the Champaign-Urbana community and environment. The program officially kicks off Thursday, November 16.
Post date: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 14:04