This section of the Operations Division provides certain services for the maintenance and planting of trees and green spaces and for operation of a county-wide landscape recycling center.
Major Activities of the Arbor Section
- Operates the Landscape Recycling Center (L.R.C.)
- Provides certain services for City owned trees and plant resources such as planting, watering, pest control, clearance trimming, and nuisance abatement
- Provides technical information concerning the management of trees and plant resources and ordinance enforcement to the public, news media, and at public relations meetings and events
- Provides design and project implementation assistance for environmental improvement projects including City owned mini-parks, entryway corridors, right-of-way streetscapes, facilities and parking lots
- Manages landscape maintenance for all City owned facilities, parks, designated parkways and medians, parking lots, and green space projects
- Maintains, in a groom quality appearance, 5 acres of lawn grass adjacent to city facilities, parking lots and various street medians