The Urbana Free Library Foundation’s annual fund-raising campaign is underway, and Foundation President Larry Jobe is asking library supporters to give generously.
Office of the Mayor
Mayor of Urbana: Diane Marlin
Duties are defined by state law for Urbana's mayor-aldermanic form of government.
- The mayor is the chief executive of the city.
- The mayor appoints numerous officials and staff including the Police Chief, Fire Chief, Director of Public Works, and Director of Community Development as well as members of city boards and commissions, all with the approval of the city council.
- Represents the City on intergovernmental boards (e.g., METCAD, Regional Planning Commission, Champaign-Urbana Area Transportation Study)
- Chairs City Council Meetings
- Serves as Liquor Commissioner
- Works with City Council to plan and implement city goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manages resources for achievement of City goals and objectives
- Oversees hiring, the regular review of compensation, benefits and working conditions, and the discipline of all City personnel
- Represents the City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news media and at public relations meetings and events
- Works with Finance Director to develop the annual budget proposal and administer the approved budget
To contact the Mayor, please contact Kate Brickman, Executive Assistant to the Mayor at 384-2456 or email@example.com
Urbana City Building
400 South Vine Street61801 Urbana , IL
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Post date: Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 11:01
Urbana Task Force Concludes Year-long Study of Local Police Traffic Stop Data Regarding Racial Disparities
The Urbana Traffic Stop Data Task Force has completed its final report on the City of Urbana’s traffic stop data, and will make a public presentation of its findings at the Dec. 7 meeting of the Urbana City Council.
Post date: Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 13:47
Trick or Treat hours for the City of Urbana will be from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm on Monday, October 31st. The guidelines for trick or treat hours are listed in the document below.
Post date: Monday, October 26, 2015 - 15:34
Mayor Laurel Prussing was elected to serve on the Illinois Municipal League Board of Directors at the annual conference in Chicago (Sept. 17-19).
Post date: Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 15:14
One position on the nine-member Library Board is open with a term that ends June 30, 2018. The Library Board meets the second Tuesday of every month at 7:00 pm. You must be a resident of the City of Urbana in order to serve as a Library Board member. The Board looks at the big picture: They approve the budget, set policy, approve long-range planning documents, and more!
Post date: Friday, September 18, 2015 - 16:49